Journal of International Relations and Foreign Policy, 1(1), pp. 41-54.
Full Text: PDF
Agaba, J. E., & E., George Genyi Member. (2013). Chinese Developmental State model: Alternative Strategy for Africa’s Development. Journal of International Relations and Foreign Policy, 1(1), pp. 41-54.
1. Daniel Offiong, Imperialism and Dependency: Obstacles to African Development (Enugu: Fourth Dimension Publishers, 1980), 119.
2. Offiong, Imperialism, 119-120. (Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa)
3. Cooke cited in CODESRIA: Concept paper: “Rethinking Development for the South: Prospects for Africa, Asia and Latin America”, The Africa/Asia/Latin America Scholarly Collaborative Programme International workshop: “Rethinking Development for the South: Prospects for Africa, Asia and Latin America’s (Hoch Min City, Vietnam, 5-6th Oct, 2007,) 8 – 9.
5. Kothori cited in CODESRIA: Concept paper, “Rethinking...
6. Mon Nwadiani, “Educational Planning and the Challenges of Development in Nigeria” in Francis C. Okafor, ed., Critical Issues on Nigeria’s Development: environment, Economy and Social Justice, Essays in Honour of Professor Emeritus Andrew G. Onokerhoraye.(Ibadan: Spectrum Books, 2011), 225 – 228.
7. Kuznets cited in Mon. Nwadiani Ibid
8. Dudley Seer, “The Meaning of Development” in Lehmann, D. (Ed), Development Theory: Four Critical Studies, (London: Frankcass, 1979).
9. Sen A. Development as Freedom. (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2008).
10. G. Myrdal, Developing Countries and the Concept of Development.
11. Sen. A. Development as Freedom. (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2008).
12. Myrdal, G. Developing Countries and the Concept of Development
13. Pamela KoMbabazi, “Which Way for Africa in the 21st Century?” in CODESRIA Bulletin Special Issue No. 3 & 4 (2005) 53.
14. Mbabazi, P. & Ian Taylor (eds.), 2005, The Potentiality of Developmental States in Africa: Uganda and Botswana Compared, Dakar, CODESRIA.
15. Mbabazi, P. and Ian Taylor (eds.), 2005, The Potentiality of Developmental States in Africa: Uganda and Botswana Compared, Dakar, CODESRIA.
16. Chalmers Johnson cited in Mbabazi, P. “Which way for Africa in the 21st Century?” in CODESRIA Bulletin No. 3 & 4, 2005: p.54-55.
17. Oni, Z., 1991, ‘The Logic of the Developmental State’, Comparative Politics, 24 I. October.
18. Leftwich, A., 1995, ‘Bringing Politics Back in Towards a Model of the Developmental State’ The Journal of Development Studies, vol.31, No.31, No.3.
19. Okpaga O. Okpaga, Foreword to NEPAD and the African Crisis: The Myths Realities and Possibilities by Okpeh O. Okpeh (Makurdi: Aboki Publishers, 2005), 3.
20. Mike Kwanashie, “Development: African and Non-African Perspective” in Enoch Oyedele (ed.), Africa: National Unity Stability and Development (Ibadan: Sibon Books, 1998), 122 – 123.
21. Kwanashie, “Development”, 126 – 127.
22. Kwanashie, “Development”, 127.
23. Kwanashie, “Development”, 127.
24. Kwanashie, “Development”, 127.
25. Peter Anyang ‘Nyong’o, AseghedeGhirmazion&Davinder Lamb (eds.), New partnership For Africa’s Development (NEPAD): A New Path? (Kenya: Heinrich 2002, I. Boll Foundation.
26. Okpaga, Forward, I.
27. Okpeh, O. Okpeh, NEPAD and the African Crisis: The Myths, Realities and Possibilities (Makurdi: Aboki Publishers, 2005), 13 – 14.
28. Peter Anyang ‘Nyong’o, AseghedechGhirmazion&DavinderLamba (eds.) NEPAD, 15.
29. Okpeh, NEPAD, 18.
30. Ibid., 20.
31. Ibid., 22.
32. Ibid., 23.
33. Kwanashie, “Development”, 130.
34. John Rapley, Understanding Development: Theory and Practice in the Third World, Third Edition, (London and Lynne Reinner Publishers, 2007), 139-141.
35. Ibid., 140.
38. Mbabazi, “Which Way”, 52.
39. Ibid., 53.
Agaba, J. E., PhD
Department of History
Benue State University
Name: Member Euginia George-Genyi
Date of Birth : 3rd March, 1972
Marital Status: Married to Dr. George Akwaya Genyi
State of Origin: Benue
Contact Address: Department of Political Science, Benue State University, Makurdi - Nigeria
Residential Address: No 31, BSU Quarters, Second Gate, Gboko Road, Makurdi, Benue State - Nigeria
Educational Qualification: B.Sc – 1995, MSc - 1999, Phd Political Science – 2008
Appointment: Current Head of Department, Political Science, Benue State University, Makurdi - Nigeria.
- Call for Papers
- Submit Your Paper
- Publish in Your Native Language
- Subscribe the Journal
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact the Executive Editor
- Recommend this Journal to Librarian
- View the Current Issue
- View the Previous Issues
- Recommend this Journal to Friends
- Recommend a Special Issue
- Comment on the Journal
- Publish the Conference Proceedings